At any rate, the poor monkeyjoes were in pain with the musical nonsense of it all, but they soldiered trough because there was a Revolution and managing singing amongst a war was nearly palpable. Nearly;)
Well, Les Mis is on HBO suddenly and I find myself popping it on often. Too often. But I haven't purchased the DVD as yet... I will nearer Christmas, no doubt. It's on my hidden list right below the mucho-expensive neck pillow on which I want to splurge:-)
At any rate, the closing scene is epic and always, ALWAYS, leaves me in heart-palpitating tears! It is intense and beautiful and sums up... EVERYTHING!
And my beautiful boy, oh my gorgeous child!!! Unlike the world, he knows my heart like no other (besides his twin).
He walks out, sits on my legs quiet as a mouse, watches the screen as I silently weep through it all, and as it pans out into the final score, he takes my hand without looking at me even once, and says, "Don't worry mamasita! That's your heaven. All good revolutionary types with no more fighting to make things fair. Just all of you there together strong like the biggest army the world has ever seen and you will be happier than the universe ready to change everything with one breath because you are all in one place finally and you all are the best that ever lived! And things will be right because of you."
Then he asked for skittles and went back to bed leaving me sobbing like a girly-girl!
Gosh, I love these monkeyjoes of mine and will never fully comprehend how I managed to deserve their wise, miraculous love!
Here is my favourite scene and truly, The Boy is right when he says it is my Heaven. I wouldn't want any other sort!!! Not Ever!

It is wonderful to behold the love that is shared by you and your boys ... and his wisdom is profound. I'm so glad that you have one another.
ReplyDelete