Monday, August 13, 2012

When I Come to Depart This Earthly Shell...

I hope there's music (amongst a few other choice things:-). After all, very little in this life evokes as many emotions as a decent tune and I simply can't imagine an afterlife without such beauty. 

Here's a tune that has been playing about my head this evening. I love it and adore the video immensely. I've offered it before elsewhere but I am doing so again. 

Tonight it reminds me of the love my cousin had for his beautiful wife who recently lost her battle with cancer. Their love was truly stunning and the marriage they shared was a testament to what I think most of us dream of tasting, even if for a moment. 

And whilst I certainly have no desire to ever tie any official knot around myself more than the once, if ever there was a man to love me 1/10 of the way my cousin loved his Patty... I'd walk beside him, forever ringless, content in the warmth of his devotion. I'd offer him every ounce of my heart and fidelity, never needing more from him than his love. Because to know such a love. Well, I simply can't imagine it! And I wouldn't dare walk past it.

But I'm babbling. Onward to the music...





6 comments:

  1. i'm sorry to hear about your cousin's wife. :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. To find true love is not granted to everyone. Still we should always hold out just in case it comes a bit later than we would have liked.

    Nice song.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kerry~ Thank you! She lived well and loved hard and touched many. We are all better for knowing her. She would hate thinking us suffering her loss, she'd much prefer us rejoicing her life, which is what I've been trying to do. I feel the most sad when I think of her hubby being without her...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Charlie~ so very true. Although I think it's highly unfair, of course:) We all deserve a moment of some sort. After all, we have such beautiful love within us to give, it would be good to find a soul who wouldn't abuse that love but nurture and share in it. Perhaps the dream of finding such a person is enough, especially knowing such loves do exist. I'm glad you liked the song:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. So sad for your cousin. True and lasting love is such a rare gift. I was very lucky to find mine and 28 happily married years later, it still works. (o;

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are one of the lucky ones, River:-) And thank you for the kind words.

    ReplyDelete

“One day I will find the right words, and they will be simple.”
~Jack Kerouac~